Friday, February 19, 2021

SOLIDWORKS Certification

As I am taking this class, thinking about the certification exams that I will be taking. I remembered about a certification exam that I had taken during my junior year of high school. I was taking a Manufacturing Technologies class and learned how to use SOLIDWORKS from my freshman year. Throughout the years of using SOLIDWORKS, I mainly used it to model, precisely recreate a variety of parts, and assemble those parts together. Unfortunately I was a few points away from earning the certification exam but I did not invest enough time into preparing myself for it. I would attempt to retake and prepare for the exam but SOLIDWORKS is an extremely expensive program which I don't have anymore since it was given to me for free for the duration of the class. 

8 comments:

  1. I just Googled SOLIDWORKS. This solid modeling software costs a few thousand dollars! One of your classmates, Katia, is pursuing a certificate in Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Drafting. I wonder if she will encounter this 3D CAD design software?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Daniel and congratulations on passing your MOS 100 exam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay. I feel like people never get told that when they "fail" things. I think as long as you learned something from it and can acknowledge maybe you could've prepared better, you'll do better on future exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of our experiences serve us a template for future encounters. Though I do not know you personally, I am proud that you at least went for it. Also, congratulations on passing MOS 100.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of Solidworks before so I don't really have a comment for the software. My advice is to never give up even if you failed or fall behind. I am behind in school work as well, but I'm willing to push through and get them done even if I get deducted point. Don't feel sad, you're not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a class of Solidworks back in high school too, I was pretty good at it, but it was one of those electives with a lazy teacher and students who were put in the class involuntarily. No one really took the class seriously except me and a few other students. However I don't remember having a chance for a certification.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You killed the MOS 100 Exam if I remember correctly, maybe you take a course that will sponsor your SOLIDWORKS exam again in future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on what you have done and good luck on where you are going.

    ReplyDelete